Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Friday, March 05, 2010

Wine

So I was at the grocery store last weekend and walked past the wine sampling. The man who was doing the sampling came over from wherever he was to ask if I wanted a sample. I wasn't feeling it, plus it was a dollar a sample, so I decided to pass. I was talking to S on the phone, and she told me that I should buy some wine.

So, what does a good girl do? Buy a case, of course. Must take advantage of the 10% discount on the case. So, I was pulling bottles and putting them in my box. Suddenly, the sample man came over and asked, "Do you need any help?"

I replied, "No."

He asked, "Are you sure?"

I just looked at him and said, "Mmm Hmm." What I really wanted to say was, "Are you trying to make me feel insecure?" or "What? I'm a chick, so I'm not supposed to know anything about wine?" or (my personal favorite) "I know you're much older than I am, but I do know my wines."

Instead, I sent S a text message. New case of wine. Life is good.

4 Comments:

Blogger sixthsam said...

Ok, so MY interpretation would be this: I passed up the wine tasting and sauntered over to the wine for sale, totally missing the sideways glance at my ample ass that the wine guy was making. He approached me and offered help with wine selection as a feeble attempt to make conversation and get a glimps into my pristine blue, or were they green that day, eyes. I brushed him off and he couldn't resist one more attempt as he longing dreamed of opening a great bottle of red with me. I, of course had a hard day and brushed him off. But, I have a case of wine!!! What a great score!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Betty and Wilma said...

Thanks for the intrigue! Australian wine is for me.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Ev. said...

Why do guys think that all the time we need help?
Without the exaggeration, whether the woman cannot be interested in a wine, by cars whether with "anything what would be SO male"?
screw him:)
When I am at the mechanic, the one is looking at me with one's lordly saying eyesight "and what you can woman to know on cars, right away here I will sell some bullshit her" and this way is saying about the truth: "Welcome, like nicely men are not only arriving with cars"
Loosers;)


www.herslife.blogspot.com

12:03 PM  
Blogger robertsnewell said...

Hey Normal you got a knack for writing! Please don't wait so long to post.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home