Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Road Trip
I’ve been bugging S for a while…let’s go on a road trip. So, we finally set out on a three-day adventure, to north-western North Carolina. S had discovered the Yadkin Valley online, so we made that our destination. We departed Hampton Roads, heading east on the 58 to Emporia, then south on the 95 until we hit the 158. Rural roads are better. Rural roads teach you things you will never learn on a freeway. Lesson number one: in southern Virginia, you can find cotton fields everywhere. I pulled off the side of the road to take a picture, and suddenly, we had a police car with the lights flashing behind our car. My hear t was racing. I looked at the policeman, and he gave me the “thumbs up” sign. I pointed at my camera and mouthed that I wanted to take a few pictures, was that okay? He laughed and drove off.
We saw many more cotton fields after that. All impressive. S has actually picked cotton herself. The cotton fields make me think of Eli Whitney.Tobacco. Of course it’s logical that you would see tobacco in the south. More than logical, in fact. But I had no idea what the crop actually looked like. S pointed it out to me, and it was amazing to see tobacco being dried in rural NC, the same way it was dried hundreds of years ago.

4 Comments:

Blogger rikyphotography said...

What is this..???nice pic

10:29 PM  
Blogger rikyphotography said...

nice pictuer

10:43 PM  
Blogger momo200348 said...

Interesting picture. I didn't know they grew tobacco in North Caroline!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous santosh Pandey said...

Grate sir,
nice photographs.

Regards,

Santosh Pandey

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home