Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Natural Electricity
Summer storms are one of God’s great gifts. As S and I drove to the Southside from the Peninsula, in separate cars (don’t ask why…), it was dark and growing darker. Huge bolts of electricity shot from the sky down to the ground. Powerful. Frightening. A great reminder that as much as we as human beings can accomplish, we are still miniscule and powerless in the grand scheme of things.
I would love to have a covered porch so that I could just sit there watching the rain and taking in Nature’s amazing strength and beauty. Had to settle for wine sitting upstairs in my bedroom though. One of these days, I will have a screened–in porch from which I can take in the beauty and mystery of summer rainstorms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you are back on deck with your blog. I love storms as well, they are both frightening and exhilarating - a bit like a drinking session with you really...

9:16 PM  
Blogger agiawb said...

I almost sent you an e-mail last night. How funny. Well, as far as the drinking session goes, takes one to know one... Good to hear from you. Hope you and the fam are doing fabulously. Love to all.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home