Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Taste of Chicago

M, this is a culinary experience you would love….

A couple of months ago, I went to Taste of Chicago. I’d been to “Taste of” festivals in a couple of other places, but this really takes the cake. Just the enormity of the festival is a wonder in and of itself. Then there are all the different kinds of food. My Lord! I spent $21 on 33 tickets which was more than enough food and drink. Most booths offered four different food items, each ranging from 4 to 8 tickets per item. Each booth also had a “taste portion” for 3 tickets which was one of the items in a smaller portion. Quite few times the item I really wanted to taste was not the “taste portion” which meant I had to decide if I really wanted something that big. Unfortunately, several hours later, my stomach was completely done, but my brain was eyeing all the things I couldn’t possibly shove down and retain. I hope I’ll be able to go again next year, but I’ll need to make a few adjustments to my trip. My highest recommendation: go with someone you are totally comfortable with, who has similar food tastes, and above all someone with whom you don’t mind sharing bites of the same food. Some may call it unsanitary, I call it a way to sample more of the delectable looking items.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, The guy in the photos looks like he is using an industrial Katsuramuki Ki. I just was given one for Father's Day - lots of fun making wierd and wonderful shredded and spiral shaped veges! I certainly would have enjoyed it - I assume of course that there was booze freely available...

7:23 PM  
Blogger agiawb said...

Of course, I had no idea that there was a name for that contraption (other than something original like "potato chip maker."
Of course there was booze freely available, but ya gotta remember... no floor, just ground.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home