Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Travel Trials and Tribulations

Monday morning, I hit the button on the side of my cell thinking it would let me snooze until 4:55 a.m. as I had a 6:30 flight. I unfortunately learned that doing that on my phone cancels the alarm. Imagine my surprise as I opened my eyes with super-human effort to discover that it was 5:25 a.m. Mind racing. 20-minute drive to airport. Rental car needs gas. Rental car to return. I didn’t even know where to begin. Well, getting dressed, putting on some make-up (um, can we say no coffee means no brain) and then running out the door was the start of the race. I did, however, forget to turn off both the water and the heat. Gas station. Arrive at the airport’s rental car return. 6:10 a.m. As the attendant came toward me, I was running toward the airport yelling, “I’m about to miss my flight. Charge it on my credit card.” I ran to the airport and up to security where I cut in front of everyone. No one said anything to me, so they must have seen the crazed look in my eyes. Once through the checkpoint, I ran barefoot to my gate. I did make the plane. Golden girl.

Thursday morning, Tribulations Take II. Golden girl, not so much.
I wake up and wonder what time it is since I am not nearly as tired as I think I should be. My cell alarm is set for 4:15 a.m. since we have a 6:25 a.m. flight. I check my cell. 6:25 a.m. I am sitting in IAH still wondering how all this happened. I never did hear the alarm, and that’s just not like me. We got on a 9 a.m. flight to Houston, but our next flight doesn’t leave until 6:20 p.m. CST. Thank goodness for the President’s Club. Killing time in style with free wireless and free drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home