Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Monday, October 02, 2006

Vigneti Villabella
Verona, Part II
The reason for my trip to Verona was to attend the wedding of A, an American friend whom I met while living in Japan. The wedding took place at a vineyard, Vigneti Villabella, just outside of Verona, an incredibly gorgeous setting. There were many people there from the US and Italy as well as several other countries. At one point, I overheard one of A’s friends from the States say, “Oh, this setting, it’s so A. If it weren’t like this, in a foreign country, it wouldn’t be her.” It made me think about the premise of this blog: that I think my life is oh-so-normal, and I don’t see anything out of the ordinary with anything A has done, not in all her travels, not in living in Japan or Italy. But that’s because my life is like that. Other people see things differently. Going back to the beginning, what’s normal is what’s normal for you. This is just another reminder of that. You can think someone else’s life is more boring or more exciting, but you never know until “you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.” And then there’s always, “The grass is always greener.”



Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home