Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Sunday, February 12, 2006

リサイクルの課題に戻る・Back to the Recycling Theme
One thing that I really think is just outstanding about Japan (and remember, I’m a bit of a tree-hugger) is that you find trash/recycle bins in front of every convenience store. I remember my mother coming back from some vacation telling me that there was a separate bin to throw away your cans and bottles. It struck her because it was a rarity. I don’t know why we don’t have these everywhere in the States as well. It’s such a simple thing to do. When I first came to Japan, there were no pictures on the bins, just the writing you can see at the top. Times are changing…
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that balance out the fact that they BURN everything that's not recycled? Kind of an evironmental wash if you ask me, but yes, we should all be recycling more

--Another tree-hugger from Calif

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home