Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Where Everybody Knows Your Name
Singing Bar Diva, the best karaoke bar in Osaka

Karaoke in Japan most often takes place in a “Karaoke Box,” a room that you rent with your friends and sing to your heart’s content. However, being a party of one, I was looking for a venue where I would not be alone in a room. (Although R told me it was a perfect situation. He said, “Go to the front desk, say ‘La, la, la. Oh! I need to practice. A room for one please.’”) I guess that way you don’t need to fight for the mike with anyone, but it’s a good way to get laryngitis.

A co-worker found Diva for me on-line. I went the first time with another co-worker in Japan for a week. The second time I returned alone. They remembered me, and I became a 常連 (a regular.) On my third visit, one of the employees yelled out my name as I came through the door. The Cheers song ran through my head: “where everybody knows your name.”

If you’re ever in Osaka, give the Singing Bar Diva a try. They have a large selection of English songs. The staff is extremely nice and an incredible group of singers. They’ll make you feel at home, and you’ll have a great time. You will want to go back. As often as you can. Because everyone will know your name.

Cheers to the Singing Bar Diva Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home