Name:
Location: California, United States

There are no random acts. We are all connected. You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. (the five people you meet in heaven)

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Yes, Bart, it’s true...
Water does go down the drain clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere.

While was washing dishes the other day, I had filled the sink. As the last bit of water drained quite forcefully, I realized, “Oh, my gosh! It’s going clockwise!”

I remember my first trip to the Southern Hemisphere, a trip to Bali a few years back with a group of Spanish girlfriends. MJ really wanted to see the water spin clockwise down the drain. We never did get a good look. The water-spinning-the-other-way-thing is the stuff of legends. I remember learning that in elementary school. This must just be “a thing” for those of us born and raised in the Northern Hemisphere. I was telling this to JW, an Aussie from Sydney. She was incredulous. “You learned that in school? I learned that from the Simpsons....”


So, yes, Bart, the water does go down the toilet clockwise....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home